Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I'M BACK!

Well I'm back and as unstoppable as ever!  Life is good :)  I can't really explain where I was emotionally or why it happened, but the past is the past.  Today is a new day and I'm ready to fight.

The birth of my daughter brought out so much in me; not that my sons didn't it was just different. With Ben I never felt fragile like I did with Lily.  Even though I am a role model for him his dad is who he looks up to.  His dad is such a good man and I never worried about who Ben would grow up to be.  With Lily I knew all eye were on me; she looks to me for everything.  There is so much pressure for little girls to be the wrong kind of "perfect".  We have perfectly airbrushed women shoved in our face and it's almost impossible to feel good.  Now you may be asking why I associate being thin with making Lily feel good about her self, but honestly it's not about being thin.  It is about showing my little girl a VERY rare form of self control that leads to not only health but also self esteem.  Self restraint is key!  When a person can say no to even the greatest temptations they are stronger than imaginable.  When I had Ben I quit biting my nails and with Lily it has been my weight.  So many of use go through life expecting everything to take care of itself, but honestly we are in the drivers seat 100%. A lot of parents say they are not responsible for their child's self esteem, but we ARE!  Sure some kids have personality traits that can lead them one way or another, but we shape and mold their little minds.

Two things have happened to help get me out of my "funk".  They may be silly, but they were such eye openers and reminded me why I do this.  One was visiting the birth center where Lily was born.  I delivered that sweet nine pound baby (<--- I almost put "little" LOL) girl naturally.  It was so empowering and walking those halls again reminded me of that feeling.  It was such a rush of unexpected emotions, but in such a good way!  Then the second thing was finding the P!nk song "F#ckin Perfect".  It is such an amazing song and the exact reason why I want her to be empowered!  She is perfect to me and I hope I can help her know that while teaching her to give her all in everything she does!  God blessed me with a little sheep and I am going to be a shepherd he is proud of.  Thanks for reading!  I have also been meaning to post a fun blog a lovely friend of mine writes.  It is so much fun to read and it something moms can relate to!  Here is the link!  Enjoy!...  http://timeout4kla.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment