Thursday, December 9, 2010

My Secret Lover!

Recently, I have realized weight problems are like an abusive boyfriend. That's right I'm food's b!#$%.  No matter how many times I eat unhealthy foods and feel the sluggish aftermath; I still want to go back.  He whispers his promise of satisfaction into my ear only to have him slap me with the reality that my pants don't fit. How is going back to him even logical?!?!  Sadly, it's not about logic it's about convenience and comfort.  It's easy to buy the unhealthy stuff and when a day has been rough "comfort" food MOMENTARILY feels good.  In the long run it's a waste of money and emotion!  Damn him for being so attractive!  Say no to him and stand up for yourself!  You are worth more!  WE ARE WORTH MORE!

3 comments:

  1. Can I just say reading this was a huge eye opener! I love the comparison! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I love this! What a great way to keep yourself motivated, document your journey AND inform others :)

    Can't wait to read more!

    -Stef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your comparison is so true! "But I love you so much so I will keep coming back no matter what you say or do." I'm the type that Wants to start my day out with sweets but I know that itll ruin the entire day and I'll crave sweets the rest of the day. Stick to your guns and keep yourself feeling good!!

    ReplyDelete