Wednesday, December 15, 2010

EPIC FAIL!

Sorry it has been a while since I posted... life has been crazy.  With that you are probably wondering how throwing out excuses went, and if you really want to know it was an epic fail!!  There is no one to blame except myself.  In fact, I went on three dates with my secret lover this weekend; Chinese, Mexican, and Italian.  I can say from experience that despite common stereotypes the Chinese did NOT have a small egg roll... it was actually quite large and satisfying.  The Mexican on the other hand was greasy, and the Italian didn't even hang out after to cuddle. No matter the excuse I still cheated and sit here today facing the repercussions; I've gained weight.  It is a vicious cycle that must be broken, because all it does is make me depressed.  Yesterday on the other hand was good, and weight watchers points were counted! Yay!  There still is hope! 

One of the goals our little family has set is changing how we associate food with other things in our life.  Like when I think Christmas stocking I think CHOCOLATE!  Or when we think of a party we think BBQ... who does that?!?!  I literally associate food with everything!!  Is it just us??  Do they have an OEA (Obsessive Eaters Anonymous)?   Maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea... 

Me- Hi, my name is Alura and I an obsessive eater.

Group- Hi, Alura!

Group Leader- Tell us about yourself.

Me- Well I am a wife and mother of two and I like food.

Group Leader- You like food?  What does that look like?

Me- Wait what were we just talking about?  Sorry all I can pay attention to is the AA group across the hall having pizza.  It is seriously making me want to take up drinking! Mmmmm... pizza... Damn it NO.....

Ok... ok... maybe that was an exaggeration. Maybe going to weight watchers meeting would help; being with people who fight this same fight everyday!  My mind sees it as a hopeless case, but my heart knows I am worth so much more.  Strength is something God instilled, so it's time to use it!  I will walk away victorious!  It is time to stop questioning myself and just do it! Positive self talk starts now! YOU WILL AND CAN DO IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment